Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen" Movie Review

Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, John Turturro, Ramon Rodriguez


Overall this movie is much bigger and louder than the previous installment. Having a bigger budget, we get to see more robots and bigger action sequences, which are exactly what the fans wanted. Basically they took everything that is good about the first movie and put them on steroids.

However, this movie does have a few flaws. Let's start with the new Autobots characters Mudflap and Skids aka the Twins. I understand they are included in the film solely to appeal to children but I can't help but find them annoying. I feel that they are the equivalent of Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars Episode I. And then there's a scene where Wheelie decides to defect to the Autobots and humps Megan Fox's leg. WTF?

The introduction of the new villain 'The Fallen' is totally wasted. Even though the movie is titled "Revenge Of The Fallen", The Fallen gets less screen time compared to the Twins. He is revealed to be one of the original thirteen Transformers and his brothers were unable to kill him and instead had to sacrifice themselves to seal him away. But in the movie's climax, Optimus Prime was able to kill The Fallen without breaking a sweat. Can someone explain this to me please?

"Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen" is everything a big summer blockbuster should be. It has great action and fantastic effects, and I recommend you to go see it. I would have given the movie a higher score but I'm only going to give it a 7/10 because of its few flaws I mentioned earlier.


Score: 7/10

1 comment:

JoSSe said...

I think you should lighten up. The movie rates 9 in my books and here is why:

1. It's FREAKING cool. Know any other moview sith such awesome effects?! The answer is obvious.

2. Even though the story line was condensed in some section, but I think it's forgiveable as 2 1/2 hours is enough time spent for such a high-action movie. Any longer, and we all may have been overdosed with too much action.

3. Even though some may feel that the Twins are "racist" or annoying, I totally disagree. I think that it was included to bring add some "current-ness" to the overall movie. I thought they were funny. Some people are over sensitive (my 2 cents).

4.Bumblebee is just too cute. Yes, they don't explain why his "voice" was damaged again. However, we just have to allow some creative license sometimes.

Okay, there! 4 good reasons, versus your lame 3. I WIN!